Click here for the Oakland County Health Department
We encourage you to follow these simple everyday actions to help prevent the spread of flu and the common cold along with the coronaviruses:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or sharing eating utensils, with people who are sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs.